Here’s hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with those around you. Here are noteworthy updates coming from our office:
1. THANK YOU: Thanks to all the sponsors, participating merchants, board members and volunteers that made our annual EVA Birthday Party so enjoyable on Friday, Nov 18th. We have some great photos available on our Facebook page. Thanks to photographer Glenn Murray for the quality shots.
2. FRIDAY: The Black Friday Boutique Crawl is happening Friday morning from 9a-12p, and there are many merchants opening early to offer special deals during the morning session. We received updates on many promotions, and we listed as many as possible on our EVA website, click here.
3. SATURDAY: In celebration of “Shop Small Saturday,” there will be a FREE holiday shopping shuttle co-sponsored with Councilmember Joel Feroleto available from 11a-7p on Elmwood Avenue. It will make (7) stops along Elmwood and continue to loop throughout the day. There will be signage marking the stops: Gallagher Ramp, Lexington, Breckenridge, Lancaster, Bidwell, Forest, Allen, Bryant. — In addition, parking is FREE in the Gallagher Ramp at 499 Elmwood and you can take the shuttle from there if you like. (*A similar program is also running on Hertel.)
4. CHRISTMAS TREES: Saturday also begins the sale of Christmas trees on Bidwell parkway from 9-2 on Saturdays, brought to you by Buffalo Horticulture. There will also be some vendors with treats and more.
5. CRANE LIBRARY: The library at 633 Elmwood (at Highland) is having two community briefings regarding improvements to the Crane Branch Library. Free & open to the public.
— Tuesday, November 29th @ 11:00 a.m.
— Thursday, December 1st @ 6:00 p.m.
6. MERCHANTS: There will be a separate email sent to merchant contacts regarding (2) two meeting times on TUESDAY, Nov 29th in the morning (9:45a) and evening (7:30p). We are hoping merchant representatives will be able to attend one or the other.
Thanks for reading, and thank you for your support. Please share this info with all those interested.
Tony Maggiotto, Executive Director
Elmwood Village Association