Here’s Your Key Happening in the Elmwood Village:
1. Our March 17th “Corned Beef + Thank You” Event is just three days away. We are working with Joe’s Deli to create a traditional Irish meal, with traditional “corned beef, cabbage and carrots,” plus some sandwich and side options. In addition to corned beef, we will also have a Fish sandwich and cabbage and carrots, macaroni and cheese, and potatoes as sides. We will have drinks and dessert, plus festive beer available for purchase. Bring the kids for $10 per, or kids under 3 eat free. Remember, if you renew your 2017 membership, you receive ticket(s) with your renewal!
2. The EVA is taking part in the United Way’s “Spring It On” event, 24-hour online fundraising event designed to raise awareness and resources for nonprofit organizations in Erie County and Niagara County. The event seeks to mobilize citizens for one day of giving to strengthen and support our community. This 24-hour event encourages individuals in the community to make a one-time, secure, online donation to the local nonprofit agency of their choice and is powered by United Way. — The event runs from 6:00pm on March 14, 2017 to 6:00pm on March 15, 2017.
3. Elmwood Tacos & Subs (ETS) is having a special event on March 26th at 2:00pm to “Meet Enzo, the Man Behind the Sauce” with Tyler Ennis (#63) for the Buffalo Sabres. | www.theets.com
4. The gift boutique Spoiled Rotten at 831 Elmwood has tons of great IRISH clothes and accessories for your party or parade needs. All Irish gear is “Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF” through Sunday, March 19th. Also, visit Spoiled Rotten on FB to win a “Buffalo Irish” hoodie sweatshirt. Get your gear for the upcoming weekend, and they are open until 8:00p on all weekday nights.
5. Join us in congratulating Sue Marfino and her team at ShoeFly Buffalo at 801 Elmwood, celebrating 15 years!! To celebrate, the store is offering 15% off your purchase all month long. Stop in and wish them Happy Birthday!
6. Tapestry Charter School’s K – 5 elementary school will be hosting an Open House on Friday, March 24th at 9am at 65 Great Arrow Avenue in North Buffalo. Tapestry, an arts-integrated, tuition-free, public school serving over 800 students, is now accepting applications through April 3rd for the 2017-2018 school year. For more information on applying to Tapestry, visit: www.tapestryschool.org.
7. Urban Leisure & Luxury at 736 Elmwood Ave is running a special with all WINTER gear is 50% off. They also have accessories and equipment to navigate all seasons. Instagram: @urbanbflo
8. Thinking Elvish Chocolates is joining the Irish celebrations. FRIDAY, March 17th — All day from 10AM to 10PM! St. Patty’s goes V.! Serving vegan reubens, boxty, and other Irish fare! They will have Resurgence Irish Breakfast Brew on tap as well as other beverages. From 6-10pm, they are hosting the Buffalo Vegan Drinks group – all are welcome! FB Event link here.
9. BikeorBar Buffalo at 904 Elmwood Ave is celebrating their 5th anniversary. They are now offering boxing classes that help you sculpt and tone with circuit-style classes. Let Drew help you use new techniques to get fit! — www.bikeorbar.com
10. The Independent Health Foundation is “Buffalo Goes Gatsby” to benefit the Independent Health Foundation’s Fitness for Kids Challenge, a program that makes it fun, challenging and easy for kids to stay active and make healthy food choices. The event is Friday, March 31 from 8:00-12:00 midnight at The Hotel Lafayette, at 391 Washington Street. Tickets — http://buffalogoesgatsby.brownpapertickets.com/
11. The Lexington Co-Op is having The INCREDIBLE BULK SALE! — Everyone receives 10% off All Bulk Items, from March 16-18! Plus, they will have BIG Friendly Deals, extra deals for owners, and delicious demos. | Lexington Co-Op, 807 Elmwood Ave.
12. Blessed Sacrament Church of Buffalo is having a Lenten Fish Fry Dinner on Friday, March 24th from 4:30 – 7:00pm. Tickets are $12.00 for adults, and $6.00 for children (Fish or Chicken Finger Dinner) —- Call the Rectory for tickets at 884-0053 for tickets. 1029 Delaware Avenue.
The Treehouse Toy Store at 793 Elmwood wants you to know that although it may be snowing outside, Spring has sprung at The TreeHouse! They have brand new items that have been arriving, including this adorable Squishable Snail, so stop by and find some new toys, games, and gifts to break that cabin fever! | Treehouse on Facebook
The folks at Gutter Pop Comics at 1028 Elmwood are hosting a book signing with author Falynn Koch’s new kids comic book “Bats: Learning to Fly”. In this book, we follow a little brown bat whose wing is injured by humans on a nature hike. He is taken to a bat rehabilitation center where he meets many different species of bats. They teach him how they fly, what they eat, and where they like to live. Falynn Koch was born in Buffalo and now lives in Philly. She can be an illustrator, comic book artist, or storyteller, depending on when you ask. | Facebook Event Link
**If you want to be included in an upcoming weekly newletter, please contact us at info(at)elmwoodvillage.org.