Here’s Your Key Happening in the Elmwood Village:
1. EVA MEMBERSHIP: A sincere thanks to all the residents and businesses that have purchased a 2017 membership to the EVA. We continue to reach out to businesses, residents and community non-profit groups to highlight the benefits and importance of membership. We must combine our resources and work together to get the best results from City & Local Governments, as well as programs targeted towards economic development and neighborhood improvement. Join Us & Grow Togther — elmwoodvillage.org/membership.
2. SPRING CLEANUP: The EVA is organizing a neighborhood cleanup to celebrate EARTH DAY, and there are a few chances to participate on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. We will gather in groups and “clean sweep” several sections of Elmwood Avenue. Some of our merchant partners are also co-hosting, and offering goodies to those that volunteer. Additional details to come. Please sign-up to volunteer through our online form.
3. RICHARDSON: The Richardson Olmsted Complex has partnered with the Buffalo Renaissance Foundation, Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center, and the (Lipsey) Buffalo Architecture Center to select and install a sculpture celebrating the “Spirit of Community” at the new north entry drop off circle. Proposals due Monday, April 10, 2017. Details can be found here.
4. NON-PROFIT SUPPORT: Our members at Half & Half Clothing at 1088 Elmwood have organized a jeans drive to benefit Journey’s End Refugee Services. They are collecting jeans from 11-8pm on Thursday, March 30th. Journey’s End provides refugees with the resources to become successful and contributing members of the Western New York community. Help them raise awareness, clothes and support for Journey’s End. Those who donate will receive discount on any purchase.
5. HOME REHAB CREDIT: Thanks to Mike Brenon of Revive Home Resources for visiting our latest committee meeting to share more the historic preservation tax credits that are available for home renovations. They have experience navigating the system and they exist to help you do the same. You can find more info about eligibility and how to contact them through an info summary on our site — “Home Rehab Savings with Revive”
6. JOB OPENINGS: Join lloyd for open interviews at the Taco Factory (1503 Hertel Avenue) every Monday from 9a-10:30a & 3:30p-5p. Currently looking for Kitchen Managers who love tacos more than life itself! Apply at whereslloyd.com
7. LANGUAGE CLASSES: El Buen Amigo at 114 Elmwood Ave offers Spanish classes for BEGINNERS on Saturdays from 9:00-11:00am. Also, classes for INTERMEDIATE Levels are Monday/Wednesday or Monday/Thursday from 5:30-7:00pm. COST: It’s a six week course with activities and conversational time, for $185. For more info, call 716-885-6343.