The role of the Design Committee is to enhance the physical appearance of the Elmwood Village Commercial District by rehabilitating historic buildings, encouraging supportive new construction, developing design guidelines, and improving the streetscape. We do this while invoking long-term planning aimed at preserving the unique urban character of the area. We share information and timelines regarding development projects within the village. This group is concerned with the way that individuals interact with their built environment and strive to make living in or visiting the Elmwood Village a great experience for all.
Large Projects Under Discussion & Review:
- Understanding Changes in the recently adopted City of Buffalo Green Code.
- 905 Elmwood — Future site of JT’s Italian and Neo Gift Studio + Residences.
- NYS 198 — Changes and Infrastructure to the Scajaquada Expressway by DOT.
- 1111 Elmwood — Project proposed for corner of Elmwood & Forest by Chason-Affinity.
- Queenslight — Re-development and adaptive re-use of the Women & Children’s Hospital site.
- Arbor + Reverie — Phased projects at Elmwood & Potomac, and Elmwood & Bidwell.
Upcoming Meetings of This Committee:
- Monday, February 27th – 5:30 pm at 875 Elmwood Ave
- Monday, March 27th – 5:30 pm at 875 Elmwood Ave
- Monday, April 24th – 5:30 pm at 875 Elmwood Ave
How to Join the Design Committee:
- Become a Member! — Please consider joining with an annual membership.
- Join a committee! — Review the committee list and join the one of greatest interest to you.
- Help us and Volunteer! — Sign up below for special events, beautification, or to join a committee.
- Stay Vocal and Connected! — Follow our website and social media. Help us spread info.
NOTE: The Design Committee members require the basic approval from our Board of Directors because their is a confidential, non-disclosure nature to some of the conversations and the information provided by project owners. Furthermore, we plan to post relevant information within a “project page” for each as soon as info becomes available/released.