The role of the Design Committee is to enhance the physical appearance of the Elmwood Village Commercial District by rehabilitating historic buildings, encouraging supportive new construction, developing design guidelines, and improving the streetscape. We do this while invoking long-term planning aimed at preserving the unique urban character of the area. We share information and timelines regarding development projects within the village. This group is concerned with the way that individuals interact with their built environment and strive to make living in or visiting the Elmwood Village a great experience for all.
Large Projects Under Discussion & Review:
- Understanding Changes in the recently adopted City of Buffalo Green Code.
- 905 Elmwood — Future site of JT’s Italian and Neo Gift Studio + Residences.
- NYS 198 — Changes and Infrastructure to the Scajaquada Expressway by DOT.
- 1111 Elmwood — Project proposed for corner of Elmwood & Forest by Chason-Affinity.
- Queenslight — Re-development and adaptive re-use of the Women & Children’s Hospital site.
- Arbor + Reverie — Phased projects at Elmwood & Potomac, and Elmwood & Bidwell.
Upcoming Meetings of This Committee:
- Monday, June 26th at 5:30 p.m.