The holiday season is upon us, and we are grateful to all the families and visitors that strolled Elmwood Village over the Black Friday – Small Business Saturday weekend. We are now going to be spreading the message – “Shop Small Is Not Over!!” – as we remind more and more folks to “put the Elmwood Village under your tree.”
1. ART EVENT: The 16th Annual Holiday Open Studios and Galleries by “Artists in Buffalo” is a unique opportunity to visit over 100 talented artists and artisans in galleries, studios, homes and other venues not frequently opened to the public. Meet with the artists in friendly relaxed settings, where their work will be available for purchase. A “Map & Location List” is available at bottom of page, click to visit site.
2. ZONING BOARD: The next meeting of the City of Buffalo Zoning Board of Appeals is December 5th at 4:00 pm in City Hall Room 901. There will be a public hearing section for the development project at Elmwood & Forest, referred to as “1111 Elmwood” by the Chason Affinity group.
3. PUBLIC EVENT: The Urban Land Institute WNY chapter is sponsoring a panel discussion and presentation on “Building Sustainable Communities: What are the Benefits of Sustainable Growth?” on Thursday, December 7th from 6:30-8:30pm at the Lafayette Presbyterian Church at 875 Elmwood. Free and open to the public.
4. HOLIDAY SHOPPING WEEKEND: We will be promoting December 9-10-11 as the next big shopping weekend in Elmwood Village, and we are hoping to confirm a visit from Santa Claus during the Saturday afternoon very soon. Please help us be ambassadors of Elmwood Village by sharing and amplifying our messages, plus the messages and offerings from your favorite shops and eateries.
5. VOLUNTEERS: This is a repeat. Do you want to get more involved? We need to refresh the opportunities for individuals to volunteer and participate in programs and events. Do you want to be included for things like events, cleanups, fundraisers, programs and more? Let me know if I can add you to a Volunteers Email list.
6. GREEN CODE: The next legislative meeting of the Common Council is Tuesday, December 13th at 2:00 p.m. in Council Chambers. There is an expectation that the Council members will vote on whether or not to adopt the revised Green Code.
Thanks for reading, and thank you for your support. Please share this info with all those interested.
Tony Maggiotto, Executive Director
Elmwood Village Association