Here’s your key happenings in the Elmwood Village:
1. MEMBERSHIP EVENT: If you renew your annual membership with the Elmwood Village Association between now and March 12th, you get a free ticket to our March Member event. Join the EVA for a neighborhood St. Patrick’s Day dinner, and enjoy traditional fare with your neighbors, or take it to go! Dinner will be served on Friday, March 17th from 5:30- 8pm at 875 Elmwood. Individual tickets are also available for purchase.
2. The Buffalo State College Community Arts Academy (CAA) is a K-12th enrichment program in the visual and digital arts, writing and music areas. Their mission is to nurture student creativity, critical thinking, and applied skills through joyful cultural experiences in the arts. The Academy is seeking additional students to enroll. Please share with interested families. —Buffalo State College – 1300 Elmwood
3. The TreeHouse Toystore folks have been busy picking out new toys to fill the shelves, and they’re overflowing with brand new items for your next baby shower! Visit them online at thetreehousetoystore.com and on Facebook to stay up to date! — The Treehouse Toystore – 793 Elmwood
4. PERFORMANCE: Buffalo Seminary theatre presents Thornton Wilder’s “Our Town” in our Wendt Performing Arts Center. Performances will be March 2nd and 3rd at 7pm and March 4th at 2pm and 7pm. The play is open to the public and tickets can be reserved in advance online. — General Admission: $10 Seniors & Students: $6 — Buffalo Seminary – 205 Bidwell
5. RE-OPENING SOON: Newbury Street is coming back to Elmwood! After some renovations and a few more days of getting ready, they will open with a dedicated smoothie area and a grab ‘n go section. Chef Paul Tsouflidis heard his customers sadness that Newbury had closed, and he made the commitment to re-open in the same location. Thank you Paul! Check out their menu online or stop back into their Elmwood location to mix it up with a custom salad or smoothie! — Newbury Street Cafe – 470 Elmwood
6. SUMMER CONCERT SERIES: We are almost ready to announce our performers for this year’s Summer Concert Series. Now, we are seeking community volunteers to help us plan and execute our signature event series.
- Interested in volunteering for the EVA?
- Love music and community-driven events?
The next meeting will be on Monday, March 13th at 5:30 pm in the EVA offices, 875 Elmwood Avenue. To sign-up, or if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. — Elmwood Village Association – Summer Concert Series page
7. RE-OPENING SATURDAY: Come celebrate with Vania & David as they re-open March 4th from 12p-6p, following a winter break! New looks abound! Vania & David design and create handcrafted, bold jewelry, leather handbags, and hand-poured soy candles. HOURS: Wednesday-Saturday 12p-6p, and Sunday 12p-4p. — Vania & David – 1007 Elmwood Avenue
8. UNITED WAY: “Let’s show everyone that Western New York is full of generosity! On March 14th & 15th, help us celebrate #springitonwny and support local nonprofits doing great work right here in WNY. Spring It On is WNYs annual day of giving and is open to all nonprofit organizations located in WNY. Visit springiton.org to learn more!” — United Way of Buffalo and Erie County