Job Description: Executive Director, Elmwood Village Association
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director will work with, and take direction from, Elmwood Village Association’s (EVA) Board of Directors. The Executive Director must be a self-starter that thrives on working independently with strong organizational skills, the ability to manage and prioritize tasks and deadlines, and, mostly importantly, a passion for seeing the Elmwood Village thrive.
Job Duties Include:
- Act as the public face of the organization and be able to comfortably and effectively interface with the Elmwood Village community and the broader regional area
- Oversee and manage EVA events and program series including but not limited to EV Farmers Market, EV Summer Concert Series, Beautification projects, and mission-based committees
- Management of part-time and seasonal staff and EVA’s volunteer base
- Oversee fundraising initiatives – including the exploration of additional resources
- Manage communication and marketing of EVA including but not limited to social media management, website administration, and overall communication strategy
- Ensure financial stability of the EVA with the oversight of the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee
- Develop and manage annual operating budget and all programming and event budgets
- Develop effective methodology for identifying, seeking and obtaining grants
- Maintain, nurture and continue relationships with donors, sponsors, foundations, and government representatives
- Oversee implementation of the Elmwood Village Strategic Plan with Board oversight
- Job duties may change as the needs of the organization evolve
- Executive Director is expected to work some weekend and evening hours and must be willing to take on additional duties, as required, associated with maintaining the viability of the Elmwood Village Association.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with fundraising, sales, sponsorship, or account management
- Background in event management, planning, or production
- Minimum one year experience working in nonprofit setting or proven experience working closely with non-profit or government partners
- Strong ability to build and maintain working relationships and partnerships
Additional Desired Experience:
- Quickbooks or proven ability to learn software system
- Salesforce or proven ability to learn software system
- Grant Writing
- Elmwood Village resident or property owner or other strong connection to the Elmwood Village
How To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications as attachments to Therese Deutschlander, EVA Board President, at email@example.com by December 15, 2019 for review by the EVA Board.
About Elmwood Village Association
The mission of The Elmwood Village Association (“EVA”) is to encourage a balance of growth and preservation, to support community-led projects and to promote an inclusive neighborhood for people to live, work, visit and prosper.
In pursuit of that mission, EVA envisions itself as a hub that facilitates community members coming together to have an impact. We have active member participation, transparent procedures, fiscal stability and a culture of engagement, positivity and relationship building.
We build a neighborhood by engaging residents, merchants, and visitors to improve the quality of life for all. We keep the community informed and invest in beautification projects that contribute to a distinct sense of place. We take pride in the Elmwood Village’s unique urban character and we support the many features of our community that together make this one of Buffalo’s best districts for living, shopping and visiting.
For twenty-five years, the Elmwood Village Association has proudly served the Elmwood Village community. The nonprofit organization boasts more than 40 free community events annually, including the Elmwood Village Summer Concert Series, Elmwood Village Farmers Market, Buffalo Porchfest, Elmwood Strip Octoberfest, Holidays in the Village celebrations & more. In addition to community events, the EVA is a continued force for the preservation and economic development of Elmwood Avenue with the successful administration of both New York Main Streets grants and Buffalo Main Streets Initiative grants facilitating more than $2 million dollars of improvements to historic buildings on Elmwood Avenue. With involvement from neighborhood movers-and-shakers, the EVA’s programs work with small business owners and entrepreneurs to encourage cross-pollination and support the neighborhood’s diverse small business community–a recent release touted more than 40 women-owned businesses on Elmwood Avenue.